Yup, it’s been 3 weeks since I last wrote on this joint. My bizzle.
Quick rundown…Happy Belated Turkey Day to all. Been running around like crazy.
- Don’t know if you’ve noticed, but the name of the site has changed…no more je-music.com, we’re now joeplays.com. Easier to remember, less dashes, less confusion. One dash caused a lot of damage…
- Some more folk have asked about the video of me playing with Walter Beasley. Decided to move it to the front page…it should be to your west / north west? I never was good with directions. Thanks again to Walt for the opportunity
- UMBC’s president Dr. Freeman Hrabowski got named as one of Time Magazine’s 10 Best University Presidents. It’s a well-deserved honor…Dr. Hrabowski is the man, and he’s worked tirelessly on the school’s behalf. The story is here. I’m really looking forward to seeing where UMBC goes in the coming years.
- This winter some serious recording is being done. I can’t wait for this semester to be over.
- Thanks to all who’ve bought my albums…just got an email from somebody in Turkey who found The People’s Gathering on iTunes. Who would’ve thunk it?
- Sarah Palin disgusts me. Random, but it must be said.
- Also, gotta keep mentioning Ndelible’s new site, designed by drummer Ron Byrd…ndelible.net.
- Lastly…I still have faith in my Redskins. I hate their name, I hate their playcalling, and I hate this season…but one day…in the next century…at some point…we will rise again. Like the south? Saw how that worked out…
Hope everybody’s doing well.