What up, what up…
Just getting back from VA Beach. Had a nice time there w/ the fam. Hopefully will have some pics up on facebook soon. Life’s been quite crazy, both personally and professionally speaking…but every time I wanna complain I have to remind myself that things could be worse. And all things considered, I’ve received far more than I deserve. Quick run down of thoughts…
- Ndelible has two big gigs coming up…one in New York w/ Leah Smith on August 11. If you’re in the area, more info is available here. Been checking out Ms. Smith’s music of late…quite dope.
- The other gig is at Bus Boys and Poets in DC on August 19th at 9pm. Tickets are $10. Events at Bus Boys are generally pretty well attended, so get tickets quickly! Busboys @ 14th & V. 2021 14th St. NW DC 20009
(202) 387 – POET (7638)
- I need a new hard drive for my laptop. My joint is in the red, literally…I have 40 gigs of music, but most of my space is used by Acid and Reason. Those sound files are ridiculously large. If anybody wants to buy me a bigger drive…or… an Audi, please contact me. Also a Palm Pre would be appreciated. /sarcasm, unless somebody actually wants to :)
- On another music tip, I’m really happy to hear of the success Maxwell is having with this album. I know I always clown radio for being so insanely stupid, playing music that appeals to the intellectual curiosity of two year olds…but they’re actually supporting Black Summer’s Night. And that’s a beautiful thing. Maybe his success will stop this influx of no-talent, auto-tuned snap music with no soul.
- Practice wise I’ve been going harder than ever before…back to basics, back to basics. Literally just playing w/ my mouthpiece.
- Oh, and I’ve been reading Miles Davis’ autobiography. It’s amazingly good. Raw, definitely…but really good. Tells the story of the jazz scene in the 40′s-50′s from as deep a perspective as you could ask for.
- Sonia Sotomayor just got confirmed…happy times are here. Progress is a beautiful thing.
- And Bill Clinton is hilarious to me…he swoops in like Superman to rescue prisoners. No matter how much controversy he generates, he always gets over it.
Random assortment of thoughts, I know. But tis it for now…hope everybody’s doing well!